- Register to participate in Museums for All.
- Offer individual admission fees ranging from free to $3.00 (USD) to individuals and families presenting a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, and a valid form of photo ID. Museums for All admission rates must be offered for up to four individuals per EBT card. This admission rate must be available during all normal operating hours.
- Clearly publicize participation in Museums for All by posting information about access on their websites and other collateral.
- Use the approved Museums for All PR toolkit resources for branding of the program in all communications.
- Train sales and front line staff appropriately to ensure good customer service to individuals and families seeking to take advantage of the Museums for All program.
- Regularly report the number of visitors who utilize Museums for All admission.
Museums for All is a way to broaden a museum’s visitor base, and reach out to underserved communities. A museum visit can inspire the development of new skills and interests, and ignite creativity and enrich social connections. Museums for All will help expand access to museums and also raise public awareness about how museums in the U.S. are reaching their entire communities. By addressing financial and logistical barriers to visitation, Museums for All also aspires to be an effective strategy for mitigating the social and academic barriers individuals face when they are not exposed to high quality museum experiences. Learn more about Museums for All, and register today!
Please note, all official Museums for All communications will be sent from a Museums for All, Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), or Association of Children's Museums (ACM) email account.
For more information about Museums for All, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
“This program is amazing! It gave us a chance to show my daughter a fun time that was affordable on my single parent income. Thank you! ”
Visitor to Grand Rapids Children’s Museum, Grand Rapids, MI
“This has been a great program. It has been fun to share with families who are hesitant to bring their children to our museum, but once finding out about [Museums for All], their faces light up and share that excitement with their family as they tour our museum. ”
Eugene Science Center, Eugene, OR